This August, the Frontier Culture Museum is presenting a brand new music event series featuring traditional American Roots Music (bluegrass, Appalachian, gospel, etc.). The event series celebrates the influence of these musical roots genres on Shenandoah Valley frontier culture.
Tickets are on sale now!
Come out and enjoy traditional American music on the pavilion at the Museum. For three Sundays in August, we’ll be featuring top bluegrass bands along with great food, wine and friends.
Special Event News! All three events are FREE to Annual Pass Holders.
Get your Annual Pass today and save
- THE MUSIC:
- WHEN: Sunday August 2, 16, and 30. All events are from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- WHERE: Lee S. Cochran Pavilion at the Frontier Culture Museum
- TICKETS (click here):
- Annual Pass Holders: FREE
- Adults: $10.00
- Kids (6-12): $6.00
- Kids (under 6) $0.00 (yes free)
- All tickets also provide access to the Museum for the entire day.
- Rain or shine – Everything will be under the pavilion so weather won’t affect the event!
- FOOD: Rick’s BBQ of Waynesboro and Farm Fresh Fixins of Staunton
- BEVERAGES: Barren Ridge Vineyards
- SOUND: G K Audio / Gary Kirby
Win A Weekend Getaway Package!
WAMU’s Bluegrass Country and the Stonewall Jackson Hotel are giving away a “Weekend Getaway For 2” to each of the 3 music events. Each prize package will include Saturday night accommodations for 2 at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel and VIP seating tickets to Sunday’s concert. Details of how to enter will be posted on our Facebook page in July.
- Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center: Nestled in Historic Downtown Staunton in the heart of the picturesque Shenandoah Valley, this 124-room hotel captures the spirit, history and charm of the old South. Originally built in 1924, it has been lovingly restored to it’s original grandeur. Only minutes from the Frontier Culture Museum, contact the hotel for reservations and weekend packages. (Reservations 540-885-4848 / website)
- WAMU’s Bluegrass Country: WAMU’s Bluegrass Country is the public radio home to the global community of bluegrass and Americana music listeners that celebrate the diversity, history, and future of the music through analog FM stations 105.5 FM in the DC market and 93.5 FM in the Hagerstown/Frederick market, an HD Radio channel 88.5-2, and an online digital audio stream at bluegrasscountry.org.
Barren Ridge Vineyards:
Located on the Higgs family’s former apple orchard, Barren Ridge Vineyards is now home to Augusta County’s premier winery, featuring fourteen different wines, many of them award-winning. (website)