Join us for our annual Independence Day Celebration! We’ll have fun and educational activities for the entire family. Experience Living History on the Museum’s exhibits with special July 4th activities on our 1820’s American Farm. Enjoy lunch on the Museum’s Pavilion with live musical entertainment from Noon -2:00 pm. Visit the EXPO Courtyard to shop the many artisan vendors open throughout the day.
DATE: Tuesday, July 4th
TIME: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
TICKETS: Special Admission – Pay What You Will…
You Decide How Much To Pay! Pay A Little, Pay A lot, or Pay Nothing At All (i.e. FREE)
Donations accepted at the gate – No advance ticket purchase is required
ARTISAN EXPO: (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Shop the artisan craft booths located in the Museum’s newly expanded courtyard throughout the day. Visit our caricaturist, face painter, and ballon twister too!
FOOD VENDORS: (9:00 am – 2:00 pm)
Area food vendors will be on hand at the Pavilion to provide breakfast & lunch.
LIVE MUSIC: (Noon – 2:00 pm)
Enjoy live music with your lunch on the Pavilion.
1820s American Farm
- 2:00: Reading of the Declaration of Independence
- 2:15: Toasts & Volley
- 2:30 – 3:30: Two-man sawing
- 3:00: Militia Drill & Firing
- All Day: Traditional Cooking (Sausage, Apple Pie)
1850s American Farm & Barn
- 1:30 & 3:00: Sack races
- 2:30 – 3:00: Watermelon seed spitting contests
- 2:30 – 3:00: Pie eating contest
- All Day: Traditional Cooking (Ham, Corn Pudding, Salad)