Bring the entire family and join us for our annual Memorial Day May Fair! Experience Living History activities at the Museum’s many exhibits; enjoy lunch on the Museum’s Pavilion with live musical entertainment; and visit the Fair in the Courtyard throughout the day.
DATE: Monday, May 29th
TIME: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
TICKETS: Special Admission – Pay What You Will…
You Decide How Much To Pay! Pay A Little, Pay A lot, or Pay Nothing At All
Donations accepted at the gate – No advance ticket purchase is required
FAIR: (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Shop the artisan craft booths located in the Museum’s newly expanded courtyard throughout the day. Visit our caricaturist, face painter, and ballon twister too!
FOOD VENDORS: (9:00 am – 2:00 pm)
Area food vendors will be on hand at the Pavilion to provide breakfast & lunch beginning at 9:00 am. Vendors include: Eats On The Streets, Rick’s BBQ, Grillizza, Smiley’s Ice Cream, and MJ’s Kettle Corn & Hand-Squeezed Lemonade.
LIVE MUSIC: (11:30 am – 2:00 pm)
Enjoy live music with your lunch on the Pavilion featuring The Magic HonkyTonk Band.
Samuel Hayden and Joshua Burtner, play a version of honky tonk that spans multiple musical styles from surf music to rock, funk, and country western.
LIVING HISTORY ACTIVITIES:
Old World: (9:00 – Noon)
- West Africa: Drum and Dance/Foodways
- England: Green Woodworking/Herbals
- Ireland: Natural Dyeing/Spinning
- Germany: Storytelling/Games/
- Lunch: (Noon – 2:00)
- Pavilion: Take a lunch break under our covered pavilion or at the picnic tables
America: (2:00 – 5:00)
- Ganatastwi: Clay cooking pot construction/ Fire Starting
- 1740’s Settlement: Court martial and Militia
- 1820’s American Farm: Bread oven baking/Doll making
- 1850’s American Farm: Candle making/basketmaking