Join us for Spring Homeschool Day at the Frontier Culture Museum. Visit our wonderful exhibits with historical interpreters, and enjoy great hands-on learning and interactive education.
Tickets available at the Welcome Center upon arrival!
Date: Friday, March 24, 2017
Time: 9 AM – 5 PM
Advance Tickets: $5 Adults; $3 Child; 5 & Under Free
At-the-Door Tickets: $7 Adults; $5 Child; 5 & Under Free
Annual Pass holders get in free!
During Spring Homeschool Day, visitors will see activities such as cooking, gardening, woodworking, flax and wool spinning, rare-breed animals, schoolhouse lessons and more.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the activities scheduled for the day:
- West Africa:
- Drums: 10:00-12:00, 2:00-4:00
- Yam Farming
- Goats (the really cute ones)
- English Farm:
- Meet the Animals (cows & sheep): 10:00-11:00
- Spring Tonic
- Irish Forge:
- Blacksmith onsite all day making items out of iron
- Irish Farm:
- Weaving 10:00-12:00
- Irish Music: 1:00-3:00
- German Farm:
- Folk Tales 10:00-11:00, 3:00-4:00
- Keglespiel (bowling)
- Ganatastwi (Eastern Woodland Indian Site):
- Games 10:00-12:00, 1:30-3:30
- Hide Work 2:00-4:00
- 1740s American Farm:
- Woodworking10:00-12:00, 2:00-4:00
- Frontier Medicine 11:00-1:00
- 1820s American Farm
- Foodways – A Quire of Paper, a Lenten Dish
- 1850s American Farm:
- Meet the Animals (a pig and a horse) 3:00-4:00
- Games & Toys
For more information please contact the Visitor Center at (540) 332-7850 or by email: email@example.com.
The event will take place during our normal operating hours of 9:00am-5:00pm. This is a rain-or-shine event so please dress for the weather. Visitors are also encouraged to bring a picnic lunch to eat at the tables by the Store or main parking lot.